If you are a skater and love showing off moves and tricks, you must be familiar with carving and cruising. But, if you don’t know what they are, we will explain along the way. Besides being fun, longboard carving and cruising get you glances from onlookers. But showing off isn’t the only purpose behind the tricks. It is a sports skill that helps you learn to balance and is a form of exercise. Moreover, the incredible feeling during longboarding is something unexplainable. However, this whole thing can end up being a disaster if you do not have the best longboards for carving and cruising. But don’t worry because we have decided to find them out for you. Just keep on reading the following reviews and the buying guide to know your pick.
Best Longboards For Carving And Cruising [Top 20 Models]
Our top 20 models are as follows, check it out now:
- Youth Longboard- Volador 42inch Complete Cruiser Longboard
- Kingpin Trucks Longboard- Retrospec Zed Complete Cruiser Longboard
- Learning Longboard- SANTA CRUZ Complete Drop Through Skateboard
- Longboard For Heavy Riders- Magneto 44 Inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard
- Pivot Cups Longboard- FISH Cruiser Downhill Longboard
- Complete Cruiser Longboards- Seething 42 Inch Longboard
- Soft Bushings Longboard- Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard
- Remote Control Longboard- EPIKGO SS-K02 Electronic Cruiser Longboard
- Urethane Wheels Longboard- White Wave Bamboo Longboard
- Longboard For Big Guys- Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard
- Bamboo Deck Longboard- Magneto Bamboo Longboards
- Drop Through Deck Longboard- Black Longboards
- Kingpin Longboard- Atom Drop Deck Longboard
- Downhill Longboard- Atom Drop Through Longboard
- Paris Trucks Longboard- Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard
- Classic Pintail Longboard- Magneto Hana 42
- Portable Longboard- SKITCH Complete 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Board
- Double Kicktail Longboard- Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- Longboard For Commuting- Eggboards Mini Longboard
- Mini Cruiser Board- OLEIO Mini Cruiser Skateboard
* All the above text links are #Ads of Amazon
Best Longboard For Cruising
No matter how old you are, if you are a skater, you have cruised many times. It is one of the fastest ways of transportation for riders.
Best longboard for cruising do not have many differences from longboards for carving. However, these longboards are said to be very effective for cruising by the experts and pro users. So, if you need a longboard, especially for cruising, I believe the following reviews will help you.
1. Youth Longboard- Volador 42inch Complete Cruiser Longboard
Volador is one of the popular longboard skateboard brands in the United States. And Volador 42inch Complete Cruiser Longboard has a shield-like look that is too attractive to look away.
- Deck: The deck is made of 8-ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue. It measures 42 × 9 inches and a maximum 250lbs weight capacity. That means it is made for both teens and grown adults.
- Portable: Being lightweight makes the longboard portable. You can fit it in your backpack if you don’t feel like carrying it in your arms.
- Wheels: This longboard has 70mm wheels that are shock-absorbent and can help you ride on bumpy or cracked roads.
- Shock-absorbent wheels
- Affordable price
- Best board for starter but not ideal for pro
2. Kingpin Trucks Longboard- Retrospec Zed Complete Cruiser Longboard
The design of Retrospec Zed Complete Cruiser Longboard can make anyone nostalgic with its refreshing look. Believe us, and it is no joke! This magnificent-looking longboard has a large 44″ deck, smooth 70mm wheels, and reverse kingpin trucks.
- Budget-Friendly: Beginners always tend to go for slightly low-cost longboards. And, as this longboard is made for beginners as well, Retrospec made sure to keep the cost within reach.
- Eco-Friendly: The deck is made of bamboo instead of wood. And the use of bamboo makes the longboard sustainable and eco-friendly.
- Trucks And Wheels: The more rigid brushed trucks and wheels may make it a little difficult to turn. But beginners will not find the issue noticeable.
- Color and design varieties available
- Large bamboo deck
- Reverse kingpin trucks
- Hard brushing makes it difficult to turn
3. Learning Longboard- SANTA CRUZ Complete Drop Through Skateboard
Santa cruz lion god rasta drop thru cruzer freeride longboard is beautiful and would remind you of a sunny beach. This longboard has a comfortable deck, wheel strength and it is very lightweight.
- Lightweight: Longboards of lighter weights are preferred by all riders. Keeping that in mind, Santa Cruz brought out this longboard that weighs less than 3kg.
- For Intermediate Riders: Santa cruz cruiser longboard is beginners friendly. Yet, it is preferable for intermediate users. Despite being lightweight, it can handle advanced level pressure and weight up to 250lbs.
- Deck Material: The deck is made of 9 plies of hardwood maples. The material gives the deck enough flexibility that is neither too much nor too little.
- Maple wood deck
- Suitable for cruising
- Bearing need improvement
4. Longboard For Heavy Riders- Magneto 44 Inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard
A Magneto 44 Inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard is reliable for every longboarding style. That makes the Magneto Kicktail Longboard one of the best longboards for carving and cruising. Everything about it says cool, durable, and comfortable, even the lasered logo on both sides of the deck.
- Extra Large Deck: The bamboo and maple deck is 44″ × 9″ in size, making it preferable for beginners. The materials do not make the deck overly flexible, which is suitable for cruising. Maximum load capacity of this board is 275 pounds.
- Wheels: With the 7″ aluminum soft wheels, the users get the proper stability for smooth riding.
- Comfort: Just because it’s a beginner’s board does not mean advanced users can’t use it. Any user would find this longboard comfortable enough.
- Suitable for beginners
- Soft wheels for cruising
- Large deck size
- Low-quality bearings
5. Pivot Cups Longboard- FISH Cruiser Downhill Longboard
You can let go of the idea of replacing longboards as your riding skill advances because the FISH Cruiser Downhill Longboard will adapt with your growing skill.
- Large Deck: Cruiser longboards with a 41″ length goes well with both beginners and pros. And this longboard’s deck of Canadian maple can live through the riding and bouncing of its riders.
- Weight Capacity: If you are rethinking your decision to purchase this longboard due to your heavyweight, think again. Because it can carry around 330lbs weight.
- Reliable: What makes this longboard more reliable is its wheels. They are anti-shock PU wheels and soft enough for smooth riding.
- Affordable price
- Large deck
- Soft wheels for cruising
- Great load capacity
- Lesser durability
6. Complete Cruiser Longboards- Seething 42 Inch Longboard
You would only think about cruising when you see the Seething 42 inch Cruiser Pintail Longboard. Besides having a beautiful look and durable features, this longboard is lightweight enough for short and long-distance cruising.
- Design: When it comes to longboards with attractive design, the Seething is the game-changer. The longboard comes in several different bottom deck designs.
- Materials: The maple wood deck is slip-resistant and able to take up to 330lbs weight. On the other hand, the PU cast ABEC 11 wheels to provide enough cruising softness and strength.
- T-Tools: The completely assembled longboard won’t need any tool to be assembled. But in case you need to tighten or loosen the wheels, the T-Tools that come with the package will help you.
- Durable material
- Waterproof and slip-resistant
- Heavyweight load capacity
- Smooth ride
- Wheels have poor durability
7. Soft Bushings Longboard- Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard
Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard is one of the best longboards for carving and cruising. The Coconut Tree or Bamboo models are incredibly eye-catching and would make you want to cruise around beach areas.
- Deck: You don’t need an extra-large longboard to cruise. That’s why the 39″ maple wood deck will fit anyone who wants to go cruising.
- Weight Capacity: The longboard might weigh only 3.3kg. Yet, it is capable of taking up to 250 pounds weight load.
- Comfort And Adjustment: The middle concave of the deck will help the riders get comfortable quickly. And depending on whether you want a sharp turn or high-speed, you can constantly adjust the trucks.
- Beautiful design
- Concave deck
- Flimsy artwork
- Issues with grip tape
8. Remote Control Longboard- EPIKGO SS-K02 Electronic Cruiser Longboard
Since cruising is all about fast longboard traveling, why not use an electric longboard and travel faster? EPIKGO SS-K02 Electronic Cruiser Longboard is a robust cruiser longboard with a fast speed. Even the gorgeous black look of the board will make you want it.
- Safety Intelligence: This longboard has built-in sensors to prevent any electric shortage or fire. Also, the power sensor controls the speed and auto-brakes.
- Fast Speed: When fully charged, this longboard will let you travel 12.5 miles without running out of charge. And it takes only 2 hours to charge the longboard fully.
- Remote Control: You will have a wireless remote to control the longboard. So the absolute control of the longboard will be in your palm.
- Cool design
- Electric longboard
- Wireless control
- Fast charging
- 25mph speed
- Intelligent sensors
- Quite heavy
Best Longboards For Carving
Longboard carving is much like surfing. The movement on the board during carving looks like you are moving through waves instead of the road.
The best longboards for carving require maximum stability, a strong deck, and wheels. They should also be able to help you make quick and precise turns. So, keeping everything in mind, we have picked the following longboards.
9. Urethane Wheels Longboard- White Wave Bamboo Longboard
As soon as you see the White Wave Warrior Bamboo Longboard, you will instantly notice how beautifully the deck has been curved. The design makes this longboard a perfect longboard for carving.
- Curved Deck: As I was saying in the beginning, the deck has curves on both sides. These curves give the rider a good stance for carving.
- Durability: The deck is made of layers of bamboo and Canadian maple wood. Both bamboo and maple are known for creating a solid base and making the product durable.
- Wheels: This longboard’s 7 inches aluminum wheels are ABEC 9 rated and have ultra-high rebound bushings. The distance between the trucks is good enough for making short and sharp turns.
- Beautiful design
- Different styles available
- Durable material
- Equipped with strong wheels
- Grip tape instead of sand-grit finish
- Not for pro riders
10. Longboard For Big Guys- Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard
Anyone who is taller or has more body weight can find this Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard fanciful. Not only is it known for its aesthetic look but also its quality.
- Large Deck: If mid-sized decks aren’t your thing, then you would find the 44 inches super large deck comfortable and fit for you. The deck is made of bamboo and hardwood maple, which provide enough concave for carving.
- Vibrant Look: Quest makes your longboarding moments more fun with its beautiful look. The dark board with bright red wheels brings out an energetic vibe.
- Fast Speed: Talking about wheels, the aesthetic 7 inches wheels are equipped with ABEC 7 bearings. They provide enough stability to have a good speed.
- Super large deck
- Grip tape
- Aesthetic look
- Good stability
- No wheel biting
- Heavy trucks
- Not for rough surface
11. Bamboo Deck Longboard- Magneto Bamboo Longboards
Magneto is known for manufacturing the best longboards for carving and cruising. From a robust and durable deck to a versatile design, Magneto Bamboo Longboards are full-package with perfection.
- Deck: A drop-through-styled deck is always great for gravity. And the bamboo deck of this longboard is long and wide enough to bring more ease to your riding experience.
- Wheels And Bearings: The 7 inches aluminum trucks are great for rotation and the ABEC 11 bearings make the wheels suitable for bumpy streets.
- Lightweight: This Magneto longboard is lightweight enough to show off your longboarding skill.
- Soft wheels
- Long and wide deck
- Good stability
- Easy to make turns
- Not for a high-speed ride
- Quality needs improvement
12. Drop Through Deck Longboard- Black Longboards
For anyone looking for a longboard with attractive and eye-catching art, the Black Longboard is the one. This magnificent longboard is made of 10 plywood with wide deck space and has 7 inches of aluminum wheels.
- Deck: The deck is neither too small nor too large. The 41 inches long deck provides enough space and comfort for any user. The 10 ply maple wood makes it both durable and flexible.
- Attractive Design: Any skater with a love for artistic touch will immediately like this longboard. It comes in two different arts: Phoenix and Samurai.
- Wheels: On an excellent speed ride without having any vibrating issue, the ABEC 9 bearings provide enough strength. The 7″ wheels are compatible with the wooden longboard.
- Maple wood deck
- Comfortable space
- Strong wheels
- Attractive design
- Not for dancing style
13. Kingpin Longboard- Atom Drop Deck Longboard
Here is one more wonder longboard from Atom. Besides its flexibility, this drop deck longboard has a fast speed with down-to-earth riding capability.
- Laminate Deck: The 41 inches large deck of this longboard is constructed with full laminated maple wood. The deck is designed with grip tape to make it slip-resistant.
- No Wheel Bite: A significant advantage of a drop deck longboard is that you won’t have to experience any wheel bite while taking a sharp turn.
- User-Friendly: Though it is an excellent longboard for newbies and intermediate riders, pro riders may not find it matching their expectations.
- Durable maple wood deck
- No wheel bite
- Large deck area
- Slightly heavy
- Grip tape needs improvement
14. Downhill Longboard- Atom Drop Through Longboard
We all know Atom is a familiar name when it comes to skateboards and longboards. Atom Drop Through Longboard is strong, flexible, and also durable. It also happens to be one of the best longboards for carving and cruising.
- Drop-Through Longboard: Drop-through longboards are very compatible with carving. This Atom longboard is a drop-through model and quite flexible to ride.
- Space And Durability: The deck measures 41.73″ × 4.72″, which is large enough for a longboard. Besides, the maple wood deck is strong enough to take a weight load and durable.
- Stability: Equipped with Reverse Kingpin trucks, this Atom drop-through longboard provides perfect stability.
- Truck stability
- Large deck space
- Issues with truck found
15. Paris Trucks Longboard- Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard
For a smooth surf-like longboarding experience, the Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard is always a suitable choice. This drop-through longboard is flexible, corked, and has the right curve.
- Deck Space: Since you will have to shift your body weight to and fro, a wide space provides more stability in this regard. With the 38.4 inches long and 8.6 inches wide size of this longboard, the craving will not be a challenging issue.
- Sharp Carve: The large 80mm wheels provide carving stability and allow you to take sharp turns. Besides, the curved design of the deck is also compatible with freestyle.
- Weight: This lightweight longboard weighs only 3.4kg yet can take up to 115kg weight.
- Flexible design
- Smooth riding capacity
- Extra weight capacity
- Stylish design
16. Classic Pintail Longboard- Magneto Hana 42″ Pintail Longboard
The Hana 42″ Pintail Longboard collection from Magneto comes in different deck sizes and is compatible with numerous skating styles. It is strong, versatile, and comes with a sand-grit finished deck instead of the one grip tape.
- Wide Deck: Hana Pintail is designed for both carving and cruising. That is why it has a 42″×9.5″ wide deck for the user’s comfort.
- Deck Grip: While you may think grip tapes are essential for a stable ride, they might not always be accurate. Magneto decided to use a sand-grit finish deck instead of using grip tapes.
- Durability: The deck is made of bamboo and maple wood. And the longboard’s wheels are 70mm Shore 78A quality. Everything about the quality screams ‘durable’.
- Versatile pintail design
- Wide deck
- Strong wheels
- Suitable for carving and cruising
- Fast speed
- Hardware needs improvement
Best Mini Cruiser Longboard
Mini cruisers are like fireworks in a tiny jar. They have smaller decks and wheels, yet they are great with speed and riding styles. Best mini cruiser longboard is among the best longboards for carving and cruising.
The mini cruisers’ wheels are also small, which makes them flexible and perfect for speeding up. And the following reviews are about some of the best mini-cruiser longboards we have found.
17. Portable Longboard- SKITCH Complete 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Board
Since SKITCH is all about perfect longboards, the mini cruiser from this brand is not different. It is comfortable, lightweight, and has a classy look.
- Size: The deck is 22 inches long and 6 inches wide with an 85A SHR wheels. The trucks have 3.25 inches hangers.
- Material: The SKITCH Mini Cruiser has matte black galvanized plastic deck with blue galaxy color. It is strong, durable, and has a riser pads which performs better for carving.
- Double Kicktail: This longboard’s double kicktail design helps you ride with stability while covering a long distance.
- Durable material
- Comfortable deck space
- Robust design
- Soft wheels
- Bearings often make it harder to turn
- Squeaky noise
18. Double Kicktail Longboard- Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
We are sure the name is confusing you a lot. Well, that’s because Magneto Mini Cruiser is the same longboard you have read about just now but only with a different design. Still, it is one of the best ones on our list.
- Deck: The deck measures 27.5 × 7.5 inches. It is made of 6 plies of maple wood instead of the bamboo and maple combination.
- Wheels: The wheels are soft, and the gravity-cast aluminum trucks help keep the movement stable enough.
- Portable: Since the longboard weighs only around 2.72kg, you can carry it everywhere. You can ride it anywhere too.
- Affordable price
- Enough weight load capacity
- Bearings need improvement
19. Longboard For Commuting- Eggboards Mini Longboard
If you like challenging yourself with smaller and quicker longboards, you got to try out the Eggboards Mini Longboard. It is small, egg-shaped, and has impressive features.
- Deck: The deck measures 19″ × 9″ and has enough space for a flexible ride.
- Easy To Carry: Being lightweight makes the longboard easier to carry around with you.
- Advanced Riding: Skaters of advanced level find this longboard more reliable and comfortable.
- Soft Wheels: The 7 inches aluminum trucks give the soft wheels a wider angle and enough space to make turns.
- Soft wheels
- Easily portable
- Affordable price
- Not for performing advanced tricks
- Not suitable for beginners
20. Mini Cruiser Board- OLEIO Mini Cruiser Skateboard
We’ve got a completely different longboard at the end of our best longboards for carving and cruising review. The Oleio mini cruiser is neither made of bamboo or maple. Instead, it is made of plastic, yet made it to our list.
- Design: The PP deck is sturdy, and under the deck, there are three columns to support the weight. The deck is convenient to carry around easily.
- Material: The deck is plastic-made, but it is durable and robust enough to carry 100kg weight.
- Wheels: Equipped with PU material, the wheels are soft and have enough strength for smooth riding even when carrying a weight load.
- Cheaper longboard
- Flexible plastic deck
- Excellent weight load capacity
- Soft PU wheels
- Suitable for kids
- Designed to be carried easily
- Not for adults or advanced riders
Best Longboards For Carving And Cruising- Buying Guide
If you are still not sure if the longboards you are checking out are the best longboards for carving and cruising, maybe you need a Longboard buying guide. The following information will help you learn the matters that you need to keep in mind while buying a new longboard.
Best Longboard For Carving You Need To Know
Longboards for carving have some particular features that make them compelling enough for carving. There might be a lot of longboards out there, but you will find only a handful of them working well. And among them, the best longboards for carving are:
- Magneto Drop Through Longboard
- Atom Drop Through Longboard
- Atom Drop Deck Longboard
- Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard
Best Longboard Cruiser For Beginners
Some of the best longboards cruiser for beginners are:
- Magneto 44 Inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard
- Seething 42 Inch Longboard
- Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- Eggboards Mini Longboard
Which Longboard Is Best For Cruising?
You can use any type of longboards for cruising as long as you do it right. But a drop deck longboard is the most suitable one for cruising around beaches and urban areas.
They can be used for covering a short distance. However, if you want to cruise a long way, symmetrical cutout longboards are better options.
See More: Best Affordable Longboards
Benefits Of Carving Longboard
Carving Longboard has many benefits. Some of them are:
- Fun: You already know that. Skaters ride around on longboards to enjoy the time and the feeling of freedom that comes with it.
- Balance: Carving is all about balancing yourself. Your legs and weight shifting play a vital role in carving. If you learn to balance yourself, you can control the speed as well.
- Customize: The riders always get to choose their longboard style. From the deck size to wheels, you get to customize everything based on your choice and carving comfort.
Best Longboard Shape For Cruising
Two types of longboards work best for cruising:
- Pintail Longboard
- Mini Cruiser Longboard
The Pintail longboard has a round nose area and a pointy end. On the other hand, mini cruisers are oval-shaped. They are designed in this way to prevent the wheels from getting in contact with the deck.
Mini Cruiser Longboard Tricks
A mini-cruiser might seem unfit for doing tricks. But you would be surprised to know that these boards are perfect for doing tricks more swiftly. You can try any of the following tricks with your mini cruiser:
- Pivot: 180° turn with the front trucks.
- BS Pivot: 180° turn with back trucks.
- Nose Manual: Riding with front trucks only while the back is lifted to air.
Carving Deck Features
To perfect the carving skill, you need a perfect deck. But how would you know that the deck is compatible with the carving style? Look for these features to make sure it is:
- A mid-sized deck between 36-40 inches
- Drop-through deck
- Foot comfort with mild concave
- Ample wheel space to allow you to shift weight on the deck
- Strong material: a mix of bamboo, maple wood, and fiberglass
Best Longboard Brand For Cruising
The following longboards are the best longboards for carving and cruising. That’s why cruising with them will give you a better feeling and comfort.
- Atom Drop Through Longboard
- Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser Longboard
- Volador 42inch Complete Cruiser Longboard
- Retrospec Zed Complete Cruiser Longboard
Longboard Cruiser Tricks
Longboard trucks are very popular with young people, regarding their age or gender. And these are some of the popular longboard cruiser tricks:
- Nollie Pivot: Doing an entire body 180° turn while keeping weight on one side of the board.
- Ghostride: Getting off the longboard while it’s still moving and getting on again.
- Nollie Shuvit: Turning the longboard 180° while you are still on board.
- Ghostride Kickflip: It is the same as ghostride, but this time you flip the board with your leg before getting on again.
Learning To Cruise
Here is a short and easy guideline for you to learn how to cruise on a longboard:
- First of all, pick the right longboard. A cruiser longboard is mid-sized, somewhere between skateboard and longboard.
- Wear protective gear like knee-pads and helmets. You don’t want to end up hurting yourself on your first day.
- Find your stance on the deck. It helps you understand your comfort area.
- Now keep on foot on the ground and bend slightly forward but keep your back straight.
- Slowly use your other leg to kick on the ground to keep the longboard pushing forward.
- Start slowly at first but increase the speed gradually.
- Keep on practicing and practice a lot. Once you master the primary level, you can start cruising by keeping both feet on the deck.
Setting Up Your Board For Carving
Set up your longboard for carving in the following ways:
- Make sure you have the right longboard. It should be mid-sized with soft wheels.
- Drop-through boards are effective for a better carving experience. If you have one, nothing can go wrong.
- For flexible carving, the more considerable distance there is between the wheels, the better.
Setting Up Your Board For Cruising
Try setting up your longboard for cruising like this:
- Use a drop deck cruiser or mini cruiser longboard for carving.
- The material of the board should be firm but also flexible enough.
- You need small 60mm wheels for smooth cruising and sharp turning.
How To Clean Your Longboard Deck, Wheels, And Bearings?
Longboards also need time to time maintenance, just like everything else. The deck, wheels, and bearings need proper cleaning, and this is the way to do it:
- Deck: Use a nylon brush or sponge and soapy water to clean the deck’s surface and bottom. Wash it thoroughly and dry it well. Then store it in a dry place and keep it covered.
- Wheels: Detach the balls first and keep the nuts away. Take soapy water in a bowl and drop the wheels in the water. After 10-15 minutes, take the wheels out and scrub and wash them. Later dry them off with a clean rag.
- Bearings: Soak the bearings in isopropyl alcohol for 15-20 minutes. After the specks of dirt are out, take out the bearings and use a dropper to lubricate them before re-installing.
Our Top Pick:
Here we are reviewing the best carving and cruising longboards based on our own experience and we found out the 1 best longboard for cruising in our point of view. We are too happy to share this finding to our beloved riders.
The SANTA CRUZ Complete Drop Through Skateboard is a great board for cruising and riding in the park. It has an awesome flex, which makes it easy to ride with your feet on the ground or off of them. The super durable deck width allows you to cruise comfortably without having to worry. This longboard also features a concave shape and 5 Abec that gives you more control when carving through turns.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Here are some frequently asked questions about the best longboards for carving and cruising.
Q1. What Type Of Longboard Is Best For Carving?
A) The best longboards for carving and cruising are pretty similar. But the longboards for carving often require slightly different features for better performance. And they are:
- Mid-sized deck
- Large space between wheels
- Loose trucks
- More concave
- Larger wheel for better grip and turn
Q2. What Is The Difference Between Cruising And Carving On A Longboard?
A) The difference between cruising and carving is the style of longboard movements. Cruising is the technique of longboarding by pushing on the board.
On the other hand, carving involves surfing or snow-skating-like movement. The rider shifts weight from the heels of feet to the toes and creates an S-shaped movement while longboarding.
Q3. Is A Longboard Better For Cruising?
A) A longboard is a good option for cruising as long as it has the right size and features. Usually, pintail longboards are better options for cruising. To make cruising flexible, you should choose flat decks instead of curved ones.
Q4. Can You Carve On A Longboard?
A) Yes, you can always carve on a longboard. In fact, longboards make carving more smooth and speedy. However, make sure you have practiced enough before you step on the open streets for carving.
Q5. What Is Carving On A Longboard?
A) Carving on a longboard is when you move around in a pattern that looks similar to the letter S. This movement is usually done on surfboards. But instead of a surfboard, you do it on a longboard on streets.
Q6. How To Carve On A Longboard?
A) To carve on a longboard, you need to find the right balance. Standing on both legs on the deck, you shift your body weight from your toe to heels with every turn. Every time you shift your weight, the wheel rotates, causing the longboard to speed up and create a rhythm.
Q7. How To Carve On A Cruiser Board
A) You can carve on a cruiser board the same way you carve on a longboard. All you have to do is to find your stance. Because finding your stance means you know how your footing will be in a comfortable position.
Q8. How To Cruise On A Longboard?
A) Cruising is the smoothest and most straightforward way to ride a longboard. To cruise on a longboard, you put one leg on the board, lean forward, and use your other leg to kick on the ground to push forward.
Skating has always been a part of a healthy lifestyle. So, when you are considering having the best longboards for carving and cruising, you need to go through all the information to weigh your options. And here is a small tip: Don’t go for a longboard only because it looks cool or cheap if you can help it because quality matters more than appearance. Also you have to wear the best protective gear for your pros cruising and carving of longboarding. This will make your riding safer. Happy riding!