The seats in your car are arguably the most crucial part of the whole interior setup. Unfortunately, these car seats start to show wear and tear over time with continuous use. Now, to protect the seats and keep the look intact, many people prefer to use covers on the seats.
As the popularity of seat covers continues to grow, the number of manufacturers entering the scene increased simultaneously. Today, there are so many brands out there on the market, and new buyers can easily get overwhelmed by the number of brands.
To save the buyers from that confusion, I would like to introduce a brand that has established a separate identity of its own with excellent quality and performance. I am talking about Rough Country, a brand with a wide variety of seat covers for every type of car and budget range. So, without further ado, let’s get into the Rough Country seat covers review and see what these covers have to offer.
Best Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers
Rough Country has these neoprene seat covers to offer, to protect the beautiful seats of your wranglers from off-roading abuse. Starting with the build, the neoprene construction and padding, and protective shells offer utmost durability. The neoprene construction also provides excellent breathability and water resistance. Lastly, the quick installation makes these neoprene seat covers | (fits) 2013-2018 the best jeep wrangler seat covers.
Rough Country Seat Covers Review: Top 10 Recommendations
As I mentioned earlier, Rough Country has a wide range of seat covers available for the customers. This range includes different sizes, colours, materials, and price classes. Moreover, every Rough Country seat covers have excellent user feedback too. So, rounding up a list of seat covers from different aspects for this Rough Country seat cover review wasn’t easy. However, after hours of research, hands n experience, and going through customer feedback, I compiled the review mentioned below.
Whether premium or budget-friendliness, you’ll find everything on this list regardless of which aspect you are looking for.
1. Best Choice: Rough Country Neoprene Seat Covers | (fits) 1997-2002
The list starts with this fantastic neoprene seat cover from Rough Country. Rough Country always preferred solid neoprene constructions, and this amazing seat cover seems to continue that trend. But on top of the neoprene, foam padding and a polyester shell add durability and comfortability to the mix.
The neoprene build also brings some extra benefits to the table too. First, there is water resistance, so any accidental liquid spill won’t be an issue. Next, the seat covers are breathable so that you won’t be sweating sitting on these covers. Lastly, there is easy and snug installation. Even the most amateur car owners can install these covers within hours.
- Compatible with 1997-2002 4WD Jeep Wrangler TJ
- The outer layer is made of neoprene
- Polyester shell and foam padding underneath
- Headrest support as per factory specification
- Good breathability to prevent sweating
- Neoprene shell makes the cover water-resistant
- Easy installation within hours
- Cutout for tightening straps
- The buckles on the covers can be better
- No pressure wash compatibility
Note: I would say these Rough Country seat covers are an excellent deal for the price range. Durability, water resistance, breathability, comfortability, what else you can possibly ask for, right?
2. Best Value: Rough Country Neoprene Front Seat Covers | (fits) 1999-2006
Next up, we have another excellent seat neoprene seat cover from Rough Country, but for a comparatively newer generation of Chevy Silverado 1500. Unlike the previous one, these seat covers only cover the front seats. However, the quality for which Rough Country is most known for is still intact.
Thanks to the neoprene construction, you get to enjoy durability, god breathability, and water resistance all at the same time. In addition, there is foam padding underneath the neoprene layer for extra comfort when you are on a long drive. The best part about this seat cover is yet to come, which is the price point. These neoprene seat covers are an absolute steal for a price tag this low.
- Compatible with 99-06 Silverado 1500
- Seat covers for front seats
- Made of neoprene with foam padding and polyester shield
- Water and UV resistant for longevity
- Durable and long-lasting build quality
- Great value for money
- It fits like a perfect suit on the seats
- No need to take the seats out for installation
- The centre console part is a bit tricky to install
- No holes for the armrest
Note: Simplicity and functionality, that’s all I have to say about this Rough Country neoprene front seat covers for 99-06 Silverado 1500. If you are short on the budget, this product is definitely worth trying.
3. Premium Pick: Rough Country F&R Neoprene Seat Covers | (fits) 2015-2021
After the budget option, I have brought you a premium seat cover option from Rough Country. Budget isn’t an issue for many people, and they want the best look and quality of seat covers. For them, these neoprene seat covers will be a delight to use.
Neoprene as a material is already well known for its durability, but this time it has water-resistant and breathability too. Moreover, Rough Country pays extra attention to comfortability by using foam padding underneath. This seat cover is for Ford trucks, and you can use the seat covers with multiple models like Ford F-150s and F-250s.
- Compatible with 15-21 F-150 and 17-21 F-250/350
- Both front and back seat coverage
- Four-layer construction with foam padding
- Features water resistance, breathable material, and hand wash supported
- No drilling is required for installation
- High-quality build for added protection
- It has a nice and snug fit
- It looks like premium custom seat covers
- Not compatible with machine wash
- The straps lack durability
Note: If you own an F series Ford truck, you’ll love these seat covers from Rough Country. The price is definitely higher, but the quality and easy installation justify that price tag.
4. Custom Fit Seat Covers: Rough Country Neoprene Seat Covers 4DR | (fits) 2013-2018
Custom fit seat covers have been in high demand for a long time as vehicle seat configurations tend to change every few years. The meet that demands Rough Country has brought these custom fit seat covers made of neoprene. This snug fit alongside the custom fitting is one of the strongest suits of this seat cover. You’ll have no issue installing or adjusting the seat covers on the seat.
These custom fit seat covers are extremely high-quality and look good on the outside. In case you are worried about spilling liquid on your seat all the time, this seat cover has got that covered too with water resistance. Besides, foam padding underneath the neoprene layer makes the seat super comfortable.
- Compatible with 2013-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR
- Has front and back seat coverage configuration
- Easy and quick installation within 1-2 hours
- Neoprene offers excellent breathability, water, and UV resistance
- The seat covers look pretty stylish on the seats
- Reasonably priced for a full car seat cover
- Thick foam padding for extra comfort
- Custom fit seat covers for a snug fit
- The seat covers tend to move around a little bit
It only covers the front of the seats
Note: If you own a 2013-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR, chances are that you might be looking for a custom-fitting seat cover. This seat cover from Rough Country has all the right qualities to meet that need.
5. Chevy Silverado 1500 Seat Covers: Rough Country Neoprene Black Silverado 1500 | (fits) 1999-2006
Rough Country was always a top choice for old car owners. In continuation to that, this time, I have brought these Chevy Silverado 1500 seat covers from Rough Country. All the typical Rough Country characteristics are intact here in this seat cover, like neoprene build, foam padding, and polyester shell. These three materials make a perfect balance of comfortability, water resistance, and breathability.
Moving forward, you shouldn’t have any issue installing these Chevy Silverado 1500 seat covers. There is no instruction included with the seat covers, but users still said it has relatively easy installation. There are slots for airbags and seat adjustments too.
- Compatible with 1999-2006 2WD Chevy Silverado
- Has accessibility for airbags and seat adjustments
- 4-layer construction with foam padding and polyester shell
- Straps, zipper, and Velcro for good fit
- A stylish look on Chevy Silverado 1500
- It fits perfectly on seats without any movement
- Easy installation even without instructions
- Good value for money
- Seat removal for installation can be a hassle
- Neoprene gets smelly sometimes on hot days
Note: This Chevy Silverado 1500 seat cover from Rough Country can be a perfect addition to your car for the money. If you can manage the installation, there is really no need to look for other Chevy Silverado 1500 seat covers options.
6. Waterproof Jeep Seat Covers: Rough Country Neoprene JK 4DR | (fits) 2008-2010
Waterproofing is vital for any seat cover. But when it comes to off-roading vehicles like Jeep Wrangler, it becomes more critical. Rough Country seems to take the issue seriously and brought this neoprene waterproof Jeep seat covers.
The neoprene ensures the durability, waterproofing, and breathability of this seat cover. Though it’s officially compatible with only 2008-2010 models, you can use other models too. However, keep in mind that these waterproof Jeep seat covers don’t work with 2-door models. You’ll be impressed by the high quality and thick padding of these waterproof Jeep seat covers for the price.
- Compatible with 2008-2010 Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR
- It has a four-seat configuration
- 4-layer durable neoprene seat cover
- No drilling is required for installation
- Extreme durability for prolonged use
- Protects the seats against water
- It offers both front and back protection
- Supports airbags and seat belts
- Lacks colour options
- The flaps at the bottom can use some higher quality material
Note: If you are sick and tired of searching for the perfect seat cover for your Jeep Wrangler, these waterproof Jeep seat covers are probably worth a try. You’ll love the premium quality and snug fit of these seat covers.
7. Jeep JL Seat Covers: Rough Country Neoprene JL 4DR | (fits) 2018-2020
After the older models of vehicles, let’s shift our focus more to the recently released ones. This time Rough Country has brought the same neoprene cover, but for the latest 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 4DR. As usual, we get to see the neoprene construction for this Jeep JL seat covers alongside polyester shield and foam padding.
Proper fitting seems to be a concern for most people out there. Rough Country has taken care of that with nice adjustable straps and Velcro closure all around. In addition, there are proper cutouts for all the necessary seat mechanisms like the seat adjustment handle.
- Compatible with 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 4DR
- Four seat configuration
- Airbag and seat belt support
- Snug fit with velcro and straps
- Seat covers are easy to install
- Resistant to water and UV rays
- Breathable for hot summer days
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- The back seat headrest cover seems to be a little smaller
Note: Overall, these Rough Country Jeep JL seat covers provide excellent value for money. Once you buy this, the quality of this seat cover will make you come back for more.
8. Custom Waterproof Seat Covers: Rough Country Neoprene Front/Rear Black JK 2DR | (fits) 2011-2012
If you are worried about your seats on an off-road trip, these custom waterproof seat covers from Rough Country can be a big help. These seat covers have a neoprene build, so your seats will be fully protected, whether it’s sweat, dirt, or any water spill.
The only colour option you get with these custom waterproof seat covers is black, which goes pretty well with any interior. Installation of these seat covers were pretty easy, too, since you can slide them onto the seats. This easy process can be a big plus for those armatures in the seat cover area.
- Compatible with 2011-2012 4WD Jeep Wrangler JK
- Four-layer neoprene construction
- Water and UV resistant
- High-quality velcro and straps
- Designed for off-roading activity
- It takes only an hour to install
- Foam padding and polyester shell for comfort
- Anti-skidding performance with a snug fit
- It doesn’t support machine wash
- Front seat cover installation is a bit tricky
Note: Days of complaining about the seats are over with these custom waterproof seat covers. These seat covers are comfortable, easy to install, and water-resistant, a perfectly balanced option for the price.
9. Front And Rear Seat Covers: Rough Country Neoprene JK 2DR | (fits) 2013-2018
Both front and rear seat coverage are often a bit tough to find. So, Rough Country has decided to bring these front and rear seat covers for the 2013-2018 Jeep Wrangler. These seat covers will have a snug fit with industry-standard durability and water resistance on your vehicle.
To install these seat covers, all you have to do is slide these down on the seats and the headrest. As these covers are model specific, you’ll love how perfectly they sit on the car seats. If these front and rear seat covers get dirty, you can easily clean them by hand with some warm soapy water.
- Compatible with 2013-2018 4WD Jeep Wrangler JK
- Four seat configuration
- Water and UV resistant material
- Covers for headrests
- Durable neoprene build
- Stylish look with branding on top
- Side airbag and seat belt compatible
- Installation hardware has high quality
- Covers don’t fit four-door models
- Front covers seem to slip down
Note: These amazing Rough Counter front and rear seat covers provide throughout protection for seats even in the most challenging conditions. If you can manage the installation on your own, there is nothing to complain about these seat covers.
10. Black Jeep Seat Covers: Rough Country Neoprene TJ Black | (fits) 2003-2006
Wrapping the Rough Country seat covers review up with another banger from Rough Country. If you own an old Jeep Wrangler and want to protect the seats from wear and tear, these black Jeep seat covers will be an excellent fit for you. These seat covers feature the premium neoprene material, which is durable and breathable at the same time.
You’ll find these seat covers are available for both the front seats and rear seats. These black Jeep seat covers are pretty inexpensive, so that’s another feature to like. Despite being water-resistant, there was no slipping-down issue.
- Compatible with 2003-2006 4WD Jeep Wrangler
- Four seat configuration
- Four-layer durable construction
- Airbag and seat belt support at sides
- Very well made neoprene construction
- Protects against UV rays
- Installation takes only about half an hour
- Seat covers are low maintenance and easy to clean
- Not ideal for use under direct sun
Note: These black colour Jeep seat covers are an absolute bang for the buck. For an old Jeep Wrangler model’s seat cover, they look stylish, comfortable and offer the perfect fit you have been looking for.
Rough Country Seat Covers Review: Buying Guide
Rough Country seat covers are manufactured targeting a particular type of vehicle series. Jeep Wrangler is one of those models with a wide variety of seat covers ranging from 2013 to 2021. These seat covers have both front and rear seat coverage options. You can easily pick the front or back covers as you need from the Rough Country seat covers review above.
How to Choose The Best Rough Country Seat Covers?
Choosing the best Rough Country can be tricky since there is a wide variety of options available. However, considering these factors below can help you select the suitable product from the Rough Country seat covers review above.
The material plays an essential role in the overall performance and quality of the seat cover. There are materials like vinyl, canvas, leather and fabrics available on the market. However, for the best performance, you need to choose something that’s durable and comfortable. Neoprene is an excellent example of such material.
We all want to protect the seats, but not at the cost of ruining the comfort. So make sure your seat cover has the comfort crucial for long driving hours. Usually, there are foam paddings under the layer of the primary material for comfort. You should look for these features for better results.
I don’t think these aspects need mentioning. Perfect fitting is crucial for the best seat cover experience, and it goes for Rough Country seat covers. Without a proper fit, these covers either won’t get installed, or they can move over the seat. Before purchasing, make sure the seat cover is compatible with your vehicle model.
Water is the biggest nemesis of any seat, regardless of the material it’s made of. Any accidental liquid spill can ruin your precious seat in a matter of seconds. So, before you make the purchase, make sure your seat cover has proper water resistance.
Benefits of Using Rough Country Seat Covers
The primary purpose of any seat cover is to protect your seats from wear and tear, and the same goes for any Rough Country seat covers. However, here are some extra benefits.
- Rough Country seat covers are mainly made of neoprene, a material known for longevity and durability. So, your investment will surely last a long time.
- Breathability is another issue Rough Country takes very seriously. Their seat covers have excellent ventilation to prevent any unwanted sweating.
- Water resistance is one of the key selling points of Rough Country seat covers. No need to worry about any accidental spills anymore.
- Instead of universal seat covers, Rough Country mostly manufactures specific model based seat covers. With high quality integrated straps and zippers, a perfect fitting is guaranteed.
- Despite all these features, the reasonable price tag is another huge benefit of Rough Country seat covers. Consider the car models of the covers; they have very competitive pricing.
Best Rough Country Jeep Seat Covers Pricing
Rough Country seat covers come in different price segments. So the best part here is that there is something available for every car owner. If we talk about exact pricing, Rough Country seat covers start at around $170 and can go up to $270 depending on the vehicle you have.
Uses of Rough Country Seat Covers: Jeep/Truck/Car
Rough Country seat covers are known for their versatility. The biggest example of these characteristics is shown by the wide range of seat covers for cars, trucks and jeeps. Unlike other seat cover manufacturers, Rough country is more focused on truck and jeep seat covers, but that doesn’t mean there are not enough options for cars too. The focus on jeeps and trucks is justified, too, as they go through a heavier workload and are often used for off-roading. In these particular conditions, seat covers can be convenient for those vehicles. As for regular cars, Rough Country seat covers do a decent job of protecting the seats.
Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers Comparison Table
As you have noticed above, Rough Country is a famous Jeep Wrangler seat covers manufacturer. To help you make a more informed decision, here is the comparison table of Rough Country Jeep Wrangler seat covers with other brands.
Process of Rough Country Seat Cover Installation
If you have bought a Rough Country seat cover and wonder how to install it, this segment will help. Here is the step by step process to help you out.
- Step#1: The first thing you need to do is remove the headrest and install the headrest cover. The headrest cover slides onto the headrest and is attached with Velcro straps.
- Step#2: For the top part, get the cover and push it onto the seat. Push the flap through the gap between the top and bottom part of the seat.
- Step#3: Move back to the back of the seat. You’ll notice two Velcro straps there. Attach those Velcro straps with the tabs below the seat to secure the top part of the seat cover.
- Step#4: The bottom seat cover installation is straightforward. Start by placing the cover on the seat and pull it down around the side.
- Step#5: The flap again gets tucked between the upper and lower seat. There are straps to secure the seat covers underneath the seat.
- Step#6: Lastly, you’ll notice two additional hooks that need to be hooked up with the seat’s metal frame. That should finish the simple installation of your Rough Country seat cover.
For a detailed breakdown of the installation process, you can follow this below video.
Rough Country Seat Covers Maintenance Instructions
In case you don’t know, Rough Country seat covers are well known for their low maintenance too. However, extra care can help you get the most out of the seat covers and get a longer lifespan. Here are some maintenance instructions that can help.
- Though the seat covers have machine wash compatible written on them, don’t machine wash these seat covers.
- Only use warm soapy water and gently wash the seat covers with your hand. Then let the covers air dry.
- Don’t leave the seat covers under the sun. It can cause surface degradation and generate unwanted smells.
- Don’t allow any sharp objects on the seat cover surface. The seat covers are durable enough, but anything sharp can easily cut through.
- Rough Country seat covers are waterproof, but don’t let the liquid sit on the cover for long as it might go through.
- Be aware of anything hot on the seat covers. The seat cover can melt, and your seat will get ruined in the process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q1. Does Jeep Make Seat Covers? Who Sells Rough Country Seat Covers?
A) As of now, Jeep doesn't make any seat covers of their own for their lineup. So if you want covers for your Jeep vehicle, third party manufacturers are your only option. However, there are so many great manufacturers out there like Rough Country. These Rough Country seat covers are sold across e-commerce sites like Amazon, Walmart, and its official site.
Q2. Can You Machine Wash Rough Country Seat Covers?
A) As durable as Rough Country seat covers are, they are not a great fit for machine wash. Many people out there might think that machine wash is allowed since there is water resistance. But in reality, machine wash can ruin your seat covers. Therefore, only gentle hand wash is allowed for Rough Country seat covers.
Q3. How to Install Rough Country Seat Covers F-150?
A) Rough Country's F-150 seat covers are one of the best-selling products. If you own 15-20 F-150 models and are trying to figure out how you can install seat covers on them, let me assure you, the procedure is simple. Rough Country offers a decent number of hooks and straps for a snug installation.
Q4. How Do You Put a Seat Cover on a Jeep Neoprene?
A) There is no fixed installation process to install a neoprene seat cover in your Jeep Wrangler. One thing to note here is that different manufacturers have many neoprene seat covers on the market, and their installation is different.
Q5. How Do I Know What Seat Covers Will Fit My Car?
A) The procedure of figuring out the seat covers is pretty simple. All you have to do is match the seat cover size with the seat size. The seat cover size has to be a few inches larger than the seat size for the perfect fit. Art from that, you have to look out for the airbag and seat belt compatibility for a perfect fit.
Q6. Are There Any Downsides to Using Rough Country Seat Covers?
A) Seat covers are not everyone's cup of tea. There are so many car owners who don't like the idea of seat covers, as there are a few drawbacks. But as for Rough Country, in particular, there are not many drawbacks available. If you can manage the installation and are okay with the black colour option, you'll love the Rough Country seat covers.
Q7. Are Seat Covers for The Wrangler Worth It?
A) Jeep Wranglers are famous for their versatility in the off road sector. No matter which type of off-roading we talk about, the Jeep Wrangler can handle it easily. For that reason, the seats inside the Wrangler are prone to easy wear and tear. So, to protect the seats of your Wrangler, seat covers are absolutely worth it.
Q8. What Seat Covers Do You Use to Protect the Leather Seats?
A) Instead of a particular seat cover, I would mention some qualities that make a seat cover great for leather seats. For example, two things that can be most harmful to leather seats is accidental food spill and UV rays from the sun. So, as long as the seat cover has these two qualities, it should protect leather seats effectively.
Q9. What Is the Most Durable and Toughest Seat Cover Material?
A) There are so many options available when it comes to seat cover material. There are fabrics, neoprene, leather, vinyl etc. However, the most durable material will surprise you. It's Cordura, and due to its high abrasion rating and fibre tensile strength, it's considered the most durable seat cover material.
That’s a wrap for today. I hope my rough country seat covers review will come in handy in picking the best seat cover according to your needs. Everyone has a different need with different vehicles, so I tried to add as much variety as possible to the list.
All these seat covers have some features in common like neoprene build, water resistance, UV resistance and breathability. These features combined make Rough Country so popular on the market. So all there is left to do now is pick the Rough Country seat cover that fits your vehicle and hit the road.